Web Content Specialist
- DEPARTMENT: Marketing
- REVISION DATE: 01/15/2019
- REPORTS TO: Web Administrator
- FLSA Status: Exempt
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing!
Hinkley Lighting is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, a great work space, casual dress, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & critical illness insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
If this has sparked a feeling of excitement in you, then read more about this great CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
The Web/Digital Content Specialist will build, proofread, test and launch digital content. This position will collaborate with various department such as marketing and sales to gather assets and materials and identify production requirements. This position is responsible for providing high quality digital marketing solutions including content publishing, maintenance and measurement, SEO, social media, paid media campaign support. The Web/Digital Content Specialist will assist in email production, content strategy, and provide digital analysis while ensuring strategy and tactics are aligned with the brand. This position will also provide tech support for the website by coordinating technical tickets, problem solving and providing timely solutions.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with various teams, management, and external service providers to gather assets and identify production requirements of digital marketing programs.
- Builds, tests and launches digital marketing programs in a timely manner.
- Design, produce, publish and update digital campaign websites and landing pages incorporating SEO and web accessibility best practices.
- Conversion of email design files to html using responsive email best practices.
- Support testing and development efforts as needed for new applications releases.
- Adhere to the timelines set forth by the content calendar and ensure all work is tested and published on schedule.
- With input from the marketing team, coordinate the removal of outdated information. Ensure digital content is kept up-to-date and landing pages are refreshed regularly
- Ensure quality of content across all platforms, fix display issues, and escalate coding errors and bugs.
- Uphold brand / style guidelines, review all content for optimized SEO and UX best practices.
- Identifies and provides ongoing optimization and enhancements for existing web applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assists with researching, developing and proposing new process improvements to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of digital marketing tools and programs.
- Supports the creation of documentation that defines how to utilize, maintain and troubleshoot web applications.
- Participates in defining and implementing analytics systems that actively measure, manage, optimize and communicate the performance of Hinkley’s digital platforms.
- Participates in promotion/content marketing strategy development and execution.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed in support of Hinkley Lighting’s strategic plan.
Education and Work Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related area.
- 3-5 years of digital/web production experience
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Experience with an enterprise content management systems (CMS), such as Magento, Drupal, Sitecore, Wordpress, etc.
- Basic website publishing knowledge.
- Some experience in web analytics, A/B testing or digital content personalization tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of software including: Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Front End, Macromedia Flash and Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and Articulate.
- Understanding of UI/UX, digital style guides, image optimization, video hosting.
- Experience with audio/video demonstration technologies.
- Knowledge of project/task management systems.
- Some knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Experience in web-based graphic design or web interface design.
- Proficient in working with Windows and Mac environment.
- Demonstrated project planning skills including the ability to translate strategy into tactical deliverables.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
Tools and Equipment Used
The occupant is expected to freely operate the following tools and equipment: personal computer (including word processing, spreadsheet, database and other miscellaneous programs); printer; telephone; copier.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically works in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.