Regional Sales Manager - Eastern Region
- DEPARTMENT: Sales
- REVISION DATE: 02/12/2019
- REPORTS TO: Showroom Sales Manager
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hinkley Lighting is looking for an ambitious, customer focused Regional Sales Manager for the Eastern region. This is a remote position, relocation is not required. This position manages all US states east of the Mississippi.
Joining the Hinkley sales team requires that you be professionally aggressive and bent on building long-term customer relationships. You will be expected to have proven field sales experience along with having demonstrated leadership and training skills. Lighting sales experience is preferable and you should be comfortable working in multi-faceted sales channels within the lighting and building industry. As we continue to grow and capture market share (we only want world domination, no biggie), so does the need for passionate, ambitious, self-directed, high energy sales professionals who will go the extra mile for Hinkley. Travel is an essential part of the sales world. The travel in this role is estimated at every other week (typically Tuesday through Thursday).
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing!
Hinkley Lighting is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, a great work space, casual dress, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & critical illness insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
If this has sparked a feeling of excitement in you, then read more about this great CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
This position is responsible for directing, coordinating and managing the sales representatives and sales of the organization's products in a specified region/geographical area. In addition, the position provides input in regards to marketing, products and services. The Eastern Regional Sales Manager is accountable for regional top line growth and profitability in accordance with business plans.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of sales representatives and their sales activity. Responsible for coaching and training to ensure the highest levels of service and performance. Holds sales representatives accountable to their respective sales goals. Takes corrective action when goals not performance not meeting expectations.
- Work with Showroom Sales Manager to implement sales strategies and ensure training procedures are followed.
- Maintains and expands customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key customers and identifying new customer opportunities.
- Gathers feedback on showroom trends and provides to Showroom Sales Manager.
- Develop an excellent understanding of Hinkley Lighting’s product lines, become knowledgeable in our industry including understanding of competitive products. Utilizes this knowledge implement our sales strategies.
- Represent the company in a highly professional manner consistent with the company’s image and values.
- Travel within assigned region per approved plan as required by Showroom Sales Manager. Estimated travel is 26 weeks per year. Responsible for the timely submittal of monthly trip / status reports.
- Participate in corporate sales meetings and councils.
- Travel and attend required industry events with a focus on networking and driving new business opportunities. May attend American Lighting Association (ALA) conference, uses ALA to keep abreast of industry news.
- Recommends and implements sales strategies based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Analyze and monitor customer data and market data and prepares timely reports based on customer information and development trends. Reviews analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Collaborates with Marketing by providing input on advertising efforts, printed materials.
- Provides guidance to Product Development by providing competitive input (literature, promotions, pricing, product)
- Prepares and presents sales forecast for region to the Showroom Sales Manager.
- Budget responsibility for region, including travel.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Showroom Sales Manager.
- Exercises supervision over assigned representatives in region.
Level and Type of Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or related field.
Related Work Experience Required
- At least five (5) years of proven sales experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience at management/supervisory level.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Ability to motivate, inspire and lead a professional sales team.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Business acumen.
- Strong leadership and training skills a must.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrates problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Technology: Competence in statistical analysis and database management. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel. ERP/ CRM software experience required.
- Excellent communications (written and verbal), organizational, time management (ability to set and prioritize goals), and interpersonal skills.
- Positive personality and demeanor.
- 5+ years sales management experience with proven field sales experience and results.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Substantial domestic travel, minimum 50% of time.
Tools and Equipment Used
The occupant is expected to freely operate the following tools and equipment: personal computer (including word processing, spreadsheet, database and other miscellaneous programs); printer; telephone; copier.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically works in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.