- DEPARTMENT: Marketing
- REVISION DATE: 01/15/2019
- REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
- FLSA Status: Exempt
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing!
Hinkley Lighting is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, a great work space, casual dress, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & critical illness insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
If this has sparked a feeling of excitement in you, then read more about this great CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
The goal of this position is to help grow Hinkley’s brand visibility via social media campaigns and PR through proactive online engagement, content development, media outreach, responding to inbound media requests. Tracking and reporting will be a critical component to ensure ROI and influence data-driven marketing decisions. In this key role, you will work closely with our marketing leadership team to execute and support strategic marketing plans that align to our business objectives. Specifically, you will assist the Marketing Director and Marketing Communication Manager with external-facing public relations and social media efforts to grow media mentions and drive social media engagement across the Hinkley Lighting brands. You will coordinate the collection and circulation of quarterly media coverage and develop PR and social media reports and analyses. The ideal candidate will be a digital-savvy, creative writer and communicator who can skillfully support marketing campaigns with detailed planning and tactical execution.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the coordination and implementation of annual strategic marketing plans across Hinkley’s B2C and B2B channels
- Prepare quarterly Media Summary Reports tracking the performance of Paid, Earned and Owned Media efforts utilizing marketing software and digital platform insight and analysis tools
- Measure and report on goal-driving metrics utilizing established Marketing KPIs including website traffic, social media followers and Share of Voice among competitive set
- Maintain Marketing content calendar to ensure all marketing campaigns are optimized through appropriate channels, platforms and business units
- Contribute content, track and manage daily social media presence including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Review, respond and report on user-generated comments, posts and escalating comments as needed, engaging the Customer Care team as needed
- Prepare and share quarterly social media competitive analysis
- Oversee outreach and engagement efforts with influencers and design collaborations
- Maintain email contact lists and develop reports tracking the success and conversions of email marketing campaigns
- Support sales team as needed with writing and editing of content
- Proactively suggest content opportunities for email campaigns, media opportunities, blog posts and other formats and maintain “idea bank” for editorial planning
- Fulfill editorial requests from trade and consumer publications as needed
- Assist charity outreach and fulfillment by working closely with HR to develop signage and communication efforts for internal events
- Monitor and report on interior design, home décor and industry trends while simultaneously researching social media trends and competitors’ marketing initiatives across lifestyle and fashion brands to inform Hinkley’s outreach efforts
Education and Work Experience Required
- BA in Marketing, Communications or related field strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of Public Relations and/or related experience with an emphasis on writing /communication in in all forms to varied audiences
- Experience working in a PR role within a company or agency preferred
- Fluency of Microsoft Office applications required
- Track-record of landing media coverage
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Familiarity with PR and social media tools such as Cision, Hootsuite, Hubspot etc
- Ability to analyze and explain social media analytics, flexibility to re-strategize campaigns in real time, and understand their relation to business goals
- Strong knowledge of AP Style
- Strong writing and editing skills and high attention to detail
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Able to handle multiple projects and simultaneously set priorities to achieve measurable goals
- Can work independently or as part of a team
- Responds effectively and appropriately to creative feedback
- Familiarity with and appreciation for interior design/home décor, fashion trends and media outlets preferred
Tools and Equipment Used
The occupant is expected to freely operate the following tools and equipment: personal computer (including word processing, spreadsheet, database and other miscellaneous programs); printer; telephone; copier.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically works in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.