Director of Sales
- DEPARTMENT: Sales
- REVISION DATE: 06/2019
- REPORTS TO: CEO
- FLSA Status: Exempt
At Hinkley we are committed to keeping our customer’s “Life Aglow.” Our mission is to provide consumers with exceptional lighting products that are superior in design and quality, and we pride ourselves on delivering unrivaled customer service that is second to none. Hinkley Lighting understands the passion our customers feel for their homes and we are dedicated to helping them realize their vision.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Sales to lead our sales team. Are you a leader who is driven to achieve high levels of sales growth? Do you have proven experience cultivating strong working relationships with current and new channel partners? Do you have a successful background in implementing and driving practices to help channels grow? Do you want to be a part of a fast-growing family company with an impressive 95+ year history? If this has sparked a feeling of excitement in you, then read more about this great CAREER OPPORTUNITY.
Hinkley Lighting is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & critical illness insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Sales is to generate revenue by increasing sales and profitability across all sales channels. This is accomplished through a combination of taking ownership of key relationships, acquiring new customers and providing leadership, motivation and direction to our sales and customer care departments. The Director of Sales will develop and execute key sales strategies, tactics and action plans to achieve financial targets while creating a culture of success. The leader in this role ensures the organization's message is distributed across all channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet or exceed sales objectives. This position is directly responsible for the sales and customer care teams.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with top leadership to develop strategic plans to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
- Confers with top leadership to align marketing and sales objectives to the strategic plan, develop processes to communicate and drive overall sales strategy between divisions and departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Leads the Sales and Marketing teams efforts to identify and evaluate new markets and partnership opportunities.
- Collaborates with executives and team to grow revenue with key clients and strategic accounts.
- Develops and manages sales campaigns and strategies for all channels of business.
- Provides day-to-day leadership for sales and customer care teams to ensure best in class customer relationship management and cost-effective use of resources.
- Motivates and inspires a high performing sales and customer care team including the mentoring, training and career development of the team, performance management and recruitment and retention of team members.
- Develops and recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Researches, recommends and facilitates the application of new and existing technology to drive Hinkley’s multichannel sales organization.
- Solidify and grow relationships and develop a total system that promotes building long-lasting customer partnerships across the organization with all stakeholders.
- Provides input on company branding and marketing development strategies that will enhance revenue supporting growth initiatives.
- Reviews monthly sales results with stakeholders and establishes or adjusts sales plans and goals for future months.
- Develops and maintains relationships with trade organizations within various channels.
- Fosters a success oriented, passion for continuous improvement (lean practices), accountability, and responsibility while building upon the existing “family” culture.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales managers and/or sales representatives.
- Reports to leadership team and board on revenue goals, metrics objectives, and performance.
- Assembles forecast and budgets from all sales categories to create a yearly master budget and forecast for the overall company sales.
- Substantial domestic travel, approximately 30% of time.
Level and Type of Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related education/experience required
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA or MBA-equivalent experience).
Related Work Experience Required
- A minimum of seven years of related sales leadership experience in a multi-channel organization.
- Sales experience in a consumer products industry preferred.
- Prior experience managing a remote team is preferred
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Ability to motivate, inspire and lead a professional sales team.
- In-depth knowledge of and a proven track record in channel management
- Positive personality and demeanor.
- Excellent presentation skills, communications skills (written and verbal), organization, time management (ability to set and prioritize goals), and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to establish and build collaborative working relationships with others within and outside the organization
- Integrity, sense of responsibility, independent judgment.
- Exceptional listening skills required.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure, deadline driven.
- Demonstrates problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel. ERP/ CRM software experience required.
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills
Hinkley Lighting is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.