Our Extended Family
Our employees are more than just that. They are considered members of “The Hinkley Family.” As a family owned and operated business for nearly 100 years, we’ve learned a thing or two about how to care after our own. We attribute our success and longevity to having such a hardworking, steadfast and fun work force.
We Are Growing
Since 2010, Hinkley has expanded its employee base by 46%. As of today, we have 110 employees that fill positions in our office, distribution center and sales fields. We look forward to continued growth in all areas!
Taking Care of Our Employees
Your compensation is more than just your pay. Hinkley Lighting is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, professional development opportunities, a great workspace and much more.
Here are a few of our top benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Annual bonus plan
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 paid holidays
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid disability
- Voluntary benefits such as dental, vision & critical illness insurance
- Wellness programs including on site fitness classes
- On-site fitness facility
- Casual work attire
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for health and dependent care
- Company sponsored volunteer events
- Company sponsored events – food trucks, cookouts, sporting events & more
- Employee lighting discounts up to 85%
Work & Culture
Our company was born and raised in the Midwest. Honesty, integrity and a genuine willingness to help are embodied by all here.
Work-life balance and flexible scheduling allowances create a relaxed and autonomous atmosphere. That said, there will be times when we’re busier than usual. We do our best to balance these weeks with early dismissal Fridays in the summer and celebrations for all the major holidays. Our parties are known to be taken rather seriously. Take Halloween for example. Our employees start planning their costumes months in advance.